1. Scroll to the bottom of this entry, click on the pattern to download and print. Cut out. Lay out terry toweling and fold in half. Raw edges should be at the top. Place straight edge of pattern on fold. Pin and cut out. Make two of these.
2.Open up towels and lay out. At this point, you can add your own touch. You can use store-bought appliques or cut out cute bears, stars, rattles, flowers or whatever you like.
Keep it simple, you want the babies face to be touching the nice soft towel not a bunch of appliques.
I used a butterfly I cut from fabric and 3 small bees.
3. I positioned these appliques near one of the bottom edges.
I love using applique pins to hold small fabric pieces in place.
For really small pieces, like my bees, use a dab of glue stick.
17. Place back piece on top of front with right sides together, sandwiching ruffle in the middle. Pin in place,leaving an opening on one side about 4-1/2 inches long.
18. Stitch all the layers together with a 5/8 inch seam. You don't have to clip any curves.
19. Turn right side out through opening.
20. Slipstitch opening closed.
Adorable and ready for that special little someone!
If you have any questions e-mail me at email@example.com